Each year the Touchdown Club Foundation awards four $1,000 college scholarships to qualified student/athletes. Following are the requirements and procedures and the application form.
- Graduate from a senior high school located in Summit County, Portage County, or select schools from Medina County.
- During senior year in high school earn at least one (1) varsity letter for participation in an interscholastic sport.
- Meet the minimum academic standards set for applicants for Athletic grants-in-aid, at the college they wish to attend — maintain academic requirements that exist for students at the same school who hold athletic grants or awards.
- Complete the Touchdown Club Scholarship Application form (please type) and return to chairperson — Jill Hanigofsky 497 Koerber Avenue Akron, Ohio 44314, BEFORE FEBRUARY 21, 2019. ENCLOSE WITH APPLICATION A TRANSCRIPT OF HIGH SCHOOL GRADES, CREDITS, AND ACT SCORES.
- Make arrangements to have TWO (2) letters of recommendation sent to scholarship chairperson (Ms. Jill Hanigofsky) BEFORE FEBRUARY 21, 2019.
- Complete entrance requirements and file application forms for enrollment to university or college of applicant’s choice — by JUNE 1, 2019.
NOTE: Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail as soon as award winners are determined.